Encompass Safety Policy Statement
We understand that when accessing our website or interacting with us online, the privacy of personal information is important to our customers. That’s why we are committed to safeguarding the personal and financial details you provide us.
In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Encompass Safety, operators of this website.
Laws and Legislation
All personal information that we collect is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). Information about the Act can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC). Under the requirements of the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, RTO Training is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect falls into five categories: personal information, contact details, click trails, activity history, and publishable content.
- Personal information: We must collect personal information as part of your application process for training. This information maybe of a personal nature and can include details of educational background, employment history, current employment status, and language, literacy and numeracy skills. The requested enrolment application information conforms to the AVETMISS (Australian Vocational Education & Training Management Information Statistical Standard) requirements, which all students are required to provide when enrolling. The personal information gained during the enrolment process will not be used for marketing purposes.
- Contact details are collected as supplied by you from time to time. We do not store usable credit card information. Where a record is required, we entrust credit cards to our payment gateway and store only the last few digits and expiry date of your credit card solely for purposes of identity confirmation and forewarning of expiry.
- Click trails record the paths taken by visitors through the website. This information is generally recorded against IP addresses and may be possible to correlate by computer.
- Activity History consists of orders, enquiries, votes submitted via the website, or offline contact you have with us such as phone calls.
- Publishable content consists of comments or other submissions of content you would allow us to publish on our website.
- Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Encompass Safety is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
- Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by Encompass Safety for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. Encompass Safety may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing statements of attainment or qualification, and populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website at www.ncver.edu.au).
- HOW WE COLLECT IT
Contact details and publishable content are collected when supplied by you either via the website or direct to us by other means.
Click trails are recorded by our servers as each request reaches the website. This includes but is not limited to:
- The type of browser you are using
- The date and time of your visit
- Your IP address
- The address of the website that referred you to ours
- The addresses of pages accessed and any documents downloaded
Click trails can be correlated over time by the use of ‘cookies’ as outlined in section 6. In most cases click trail data is not directly individually identifiable.
Activity history is recorded whenever you undertake an activity such as submit an enquiry, make a comment, vote on an object, and may additionally be recorded by us when you contact us offline.
- WHY WE COLLECT IT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect your personal contact details and activity history:
- To respond to requests or queries you raise
- To confirm your identity
- To fulfil orders made by you and enable you to enrol and obtain your certification.
- For compliance purposes under the National Vocational Educational and Training Regulator Act 2011. The individual answers are not available for anyone to view and forms part of data that is required to be collected for government audit, verification, research, statistical analysis, program evaluation, surveys and that no information will be given or sold to any organisation without my written consent in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and The National Privacy Principles 2001.
- To keep you up to date with news, special offers, and other marketing information you have opted-in to receive.
We collect click trail data:
- To measure and monitor the performance of our website
- To estimate interest in our products and services
- To refine and update our website’s content
- HOW WE STORE THIS INFORMATION
Our organisation is required to keep records for compliance with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) and the Standards for Continuing Registration as an RTO. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that information collected is kept secure and confidential. Our web environment and databases are protected from unauthorised access using current technologies. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do not wish to transmit specific information across the Internet, the Framework provides alternative ways of providing information. For example, forma may be printed a lodged by facsimile transmission or post.
- HOW WE DISCLOSE IT
Except as otherwise described above in this Policy, we will not disclose Personal Information to any third party unless required to do so by law or if we believe it is necessary to
- a) comply with the law or aid any affiliates to comply with the law,
- b) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities,
- c) enforce the Terms and Conditions,
- d) investigate or resolve complaints involving Encompass Safety giving rise to any civil liabilities,
- e) to protect the security or integrity of our site,
- f) to aid any other Government agency in the investigation of matters or for the protection of the rights, property, or personal safety of Safetywave, our users or others,
- g) sell our business including our client list as part of either an asset sale or going concern.
We take reasonable steps to protect all information which we hold (including your Personal Information or business information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic or physical form. We store information on our website servers.
You may request access at any time to Personal Information we hold about you. We may charge you a reasonable fee where access is provided.
To the extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for any unauthorised access or use of your information.
- PUBLISHABLE CONTENT
Content submitted by you for publication may be disclosed to all visitors of our website, and/or republished on other websites at our discretion.
If you provide personal information either of your own or of any third party as part of publishable content, you warrant that you have permission to publish said information and indemnify us against any consequences resulting from the publication of said information.
If you find your personal information published on our website without your consent, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
- OPTING IN AND OUT
You may opt out from the correlation of passive activity data by turning off cookies in your browser. Please note however that disabling cookies may result in a reduction of available functionality on our site including but not limited to the loss of the ability to post comments and vote on content.
If you receive any communication purporting to be connected with us or our products or services that you believe has been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
- INFORMATION MANAGEMENT AND SECURITY
We are required to keep your records for compliance with the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that information collected is kept secure and confidential. Our web environment and databases are protected from unauthorised access using current technologies. You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet. For those who do now wish to transmit specific information across the Internet, the Framework provides alternative ways for providing information. For example, forms may be printed and lodge by facsimile transmission or post.
With the exclusion of information supplied for publication (as outlined in section 5), we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is not lost, misused, or inadvertently provided to unauthorised third parties, including by means of firewalls, password locking, truncation of credit card data, encryption of data in transit, and secured servers.
You acknowledge that the security of communications sent by electronic means cannot be guaranteed. You provide information to us via the internet at your own risk. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information where the security of information is not wholly within our control.
You agree that we are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of any third party and that the collection and use of your information by third parties may be subject to separate privacy and security policies.
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please contact us immediately as outlined in section 10.
- GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right (excluding exceptions outlined in the Privacy Act) to seek access to and update or correct the personal information we hold about you. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. We may charge a fee to cover the costs of meeting your request.
If you would like to seek access to personal information we hold about you, you can contact us as outlined in section 11.
USI Numbers are required for all Accredited Training Courses, as part of enrolling on a course with us you agree to provide us with access to obtain your USI number through the USI organisation portal, you will receive an notification from USI.gov if we perform a search.
- HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or complaints about how we collect, use, disclose, manage or store your personal information, or would like to request access or changes to the information we hold, please contact us in writing at:
PO BOX 4813
SCMC QLD 4560