Managing health and safety at the workplace is more than just trying to comply with current changes in the legislation. As such, Encompass Safety partners with organisations to develop holistic, productive management systems. Therefore, identify and manage risks, reduce the potential for incidents, ensure legislative compliance. Also, improving performance through workplace consultation and training.
Encompass Safety has highly qualified consultants, with relevant experience to assist your business to achieve your required outcomes. Please click/tap the headings below to learn more.
- Management Systems and Procedures
Are you looking to gain ISO certification in ISO 9001: Quality, ISO 14001: Environmental or AS/NZ 4801: Health and Safety? Well, Encompass Safety has a number of packages to assist businesses to implement safety management systems, from template documents to custom-developed management systems. Also, our consultants can assist companies through the certification process, including:
- Gap analysis.
- Developing workplace policy and procedures.
- Management system audits.
- Mentoring staff to manage the system.
- Attending third party certification audits.
- Assisting with closing out any recommendations and non-conformance.
Other administration assistance available include:
- Management Plans.
- Construction Workplace Health and Safety Management Plans.
- Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
- Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Emergency Management Plans.
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work Plans.
- Environmental and Quality Management Plans.
- Liaising with Stakeholders
Managing your business’s health and safety may involve liaising with stakeholders including clients, government entities and contractors.
Encompass Safety can be a point of contact to manage specific communication with key stakeholders, including:
- Completing and providing evidence for clients and tender pre-qualification requirements.
- Liaising with clients and legislators regarding health and safety matters.
- Contractor Management
Contractors are an essential aspect of production; however, they may also be a company’s biggest risk. Encompass Safety can establish robust processes to manage contractors through:
- Pre-qualification, including reviewing workplace health and safety documents.
- Facilitating onsite consultation.
- Onsite contractor audits.
- Workplace Monitoring
Maintaining the integrity of the management system is essential in achieving the company’s overall intent.
As such, Encompass Safety can provide professional and confidential services to provide independent workplace monitoring, including:
- Workplace inspections.
- Task observations.
- Onsite risk assessments/job safety analysis.
- Ergonomic/manual task assessments.
- Incident Management
With, all the systems, procedures and processes implemented, incidents – including near misses – may still occur. Therefore, preparing for and learning from these events will help minimise future occurrences and is a valuable part of the management system.
Encompass Safety can provide competent personnel to manage incidents, including:
- Preparing and implementing a site emergency management plan, including emergency procedures, evacuation diagrams, emergency training and practice emergency drills.
- Incident investigations, including data collection (photos, witness statements, documented processes, etc.). Also, review and assess the data as part of a structured investigation, with a document report including findings and recommendations.
Thus, managing injured workers’ rehabilitation and their ultimate return to work.
- Workplace Auditing
To ensure the management system meets its intent, a robust auditing program is used to review and amend current systems. Encompass Safety auditors are qualified and registered with Global Exemplar and provide comprehensive audits and documented reports, including:
- Management System Audits, including ISO 9001: Quality, ISO 14001: Environmental or ISO 45001: Health and Safety.
- Legislative Audits.
- AS 4801 Audits for Queensland Government Asbestos and Demolition licensing.
- Process Audits, including human resources, training, production and version control.
- Custom audits.
Our Safety Consultants are based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, and provide our services to businesses located in South East Queensland, including Brisbane and surrounding areas, the Gold Coast, and the Wide Bay Burnett and Bundaberg regions.
Ensuring the management system meets its intent, a robust auditing program is used to review and amend current systems.
Encompass Safety auditors are qualified and registered with Global Exemplar and provide comprehensive audits and documented reports, including:
- Management Systems Audits
Management System Audits are conducted against the relevant international or Australian Standards that may be applicable. Audits may include:
- ISO 9001: Quality, ISO 14001: Environmental or ISO 45001: Health and Safety
- Preparation for ISO Certification
- Third party audits for tenders and licences, including Queensland Government asbestos and demolition licences
- Legislative Audits
It is essential to ensure your systems and processes comply with current legislation. As such, through consultation with the client, a specific audit can be conducted to review current systems and processes against legislative requirements.
- Process Audits
As part of maintaining a functioning management system, specific processes and, importantly, the link between processes can be audited. Now, these audits are conducted at the coal face and may identify any disconnects between the management system and the way work is conducted. Furthermore, process audits include human resources, training, production, monitoring and review.
- Registered Training Organisation
Our quality assurance audits can assist your Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with compliance audits to:
- Prepare for Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) registration or re-registration.
- Ensure compliance during registration.
- Review training and assessment strategies.
- Assess trainers’ and assessors’ competencies and professional development.
- Custom Audits
Encompass Safety can work with clients to develop and conduct custom audits at your workplace.
Our Safety Consultants are based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Providing our services to businesses located in South East Queensland. Including, Brisbane and surrounding areas, the Gold Coast, and the Wide Bay Burnett and Bundaberg regions.
Despite having management systems and other processes in place, workplace incidents still occur. The question is: Do we learn from them? Some incidents require notification to the regulator.
Encompass Safety has qualified and experienced investigators who can provide assistance through objective third party analysis. Our investigative process includes:
- Scene management.
- Collection of evidence, including taking and logging statements and photographs.
- Reviewing site documents and legislative requirements.
- Conducting an analysis of the incident using models such as PEEPO (People, Equipment, Environment, Procedures and Organisation), timelines and event trees.
- Determining causal factors that contributed to the incident.
- Providing recommendations to the business or principal contractor.
- Providing a comprehensive report to the business or principal contractor.
Instilling confidence in prospective clients that you manage safety, environmental or quality management systems can be achieved with the development, implementation and certification of relevant and robust management systems.
ISO certification is the world’s most recognised business management standard. As such, it has been adopted across all industry types, from manufacturing through to professional service organisations. So, benefits include helping organisations to achieve consistent business processes and drive measurable, cost-saving performance improvements.
Encompass Safety can assist your business to develop, implement and maintain your management systems, including:
- ISO 45001: Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 9001: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001: Environmental Management System.
Encompass Safety has varied packages to develop and implement management systems, including:
- Kick Start Program – This package provides a manual with corresponding procedures and forms. Also, the business receives a half-day training session in the package and email support for 6 months.
- Mentor Program – this package includes an initial gap analysis, a custom manual and scheduled contact days, including both system and process audits ready for certification.
- Full Program – this package includes full development and implementation of the required management system, including audits and attendance at certification audits.
In addition to the development and implementation of the management system, Encompass Safety can assist businesses by providing the following services:
- Attending certification audits and following up on non-conformance and recommendations.
- Formulating objectives and targets for management system projects.
- Conducting internal audits and reporting to management.
- Analysing company statistics and preparing management review reports.
- Attending management review meetings.
Our Safety Consultants are based on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Also, providing our services to businesses located in South East Queensland, including Brisbane and surrounding areas, the Gold Coast, and the Wide Bay Burnett and Bundaberg regions.